Our containers are made from food-grade BPA-free polypropylene (PP5), a non-toxic, sturdy, and heat resilient plastic material. They are microwave, dishwasher safe, freezer-friendly, and reusable. Here are some tips helpful for long-lasting use:
- When reheating food in microwave ovens, keep the lids open or loosely attached, or simply remove the lids so as to release the hot steam.
- The highest safe heating temperature is 100°C. Overheating may cause containers to deformed even melt. Be cautious with the oil, fat, or sugar-rich foods, they can easily be overheated, while 2-3 mins microwave heating is safe. Never heating them in a conventional oven nor on any stoves with heat elements.
- When cleaning the containers by a dishwasher, always use the top rack (the lids may be warped otherwise). Alternatively and preferably, hand-wash them with a scrubber sponge.
- The lid snap-on locks of our containers are designed to hold food from spilling out by accident (such as dropping) other than creating a rigid liquid-tight seal. So liquid leakage may happen on vigorous moving/flipping occasions. When you commute with thin sauces in containers, snap on all locks firmly and pack them with water-proof bags.
- Our containers are freezer friendly. However, like other plastic items, the lids will become brittler in a long time frozen condition. Better leave them in room temperature for a while before open the lids. Defrosting before microwave reheating is highly recommended.